Below is a list of policies the Honors Committee abides by for the nominations and awards process.
- The Chair of the Honors Committee will oversee all awards associated with the Honors Committee.
- The nomination process requires:
- A letter of nomination addressed to the Committee Chair
- An up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae of the nominated individual
- Nominations must be from an Academy Member. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- All of the award categories, except for the Honors of the Academy Award, will honor one person per category. The Honors of the Academy Award is unlimited in the number of potential honorees. It is not mandatory to have an honoree for every award category each year.
- An individual may receive an award in a category (eg. Humanitarian Award) one time; however, an individual subsequently may receive an award in a different category.
- Membership in the Academy is required for recipients of the Jerger Career Award for Research in Audiology and the Honors of the Academy Award. Membership is not required for recipients of the Samuel F. Lybarger Award for Achievements in Industry, the International Award in Hearing, and the Humanitarian Award.
- Posthumous awards may be given.
- Members of the Honors Committee cannot be nominated for an honor. The nomination should be deferred until that member is no longer serving on the Honors Committee.
- A sitting Academy Board member may not be nominated for an honor until they are no longer serving on the Board.
- A committee member may not nominate an individual for an award, may not solicit a nomination for a particular person, and may not write a supporting letter for a nominee.
- The chair of the Honors Committee will encourage nominations (for example: by contacting other committee chairs).
- The committee will review award categories, titles, and descriptions annually. Suggested changes will be submitted for the Academy Board to review.
- For all categories, nominators whose nominees are not selected to receive a 2022 Award are encouraged to re-submit their nomination again for consideration in 2023. Additional supporting data, if available, should be submitted to the Honors Committee. Nominators will be made aware if their nominee has been chosen for the award by the Committee and reminded to confirm their intent to re-submit their candidate for the following year if they so desire.
Make a Nomination
Nominations for 2023 closed on October 19, 2022.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
Academy Honors Voting Process
- Selection of honorees will be based on a majority vote.
- The committee chair does not vote. However, the chair may vote in case of a tie regarding other issues decided by the committee, including the selection of honorees.
- If applicable, the Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) committee member will be allowed to vote.
- Committee members should recuse themselves from any award categories that include nominees with whom they have direct relations, i.e., same workplace.