Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in higher education is essential as audiology students are the future of the audiology profession. The Academy has a full list of reading materials and educational sessions on topics regarding diversity in higher education. Dive into the materials below.
- KNOW HOW | Do You Want to Be a Mentor?
- ACAE CORNER | A Stroll Down Different Undergraduate Pathways Leading to Doctor of Audiology Programs
- SAA SPOTLIGHT | Audiologists with Hearing Loss: What We Bring to the Table
- Working Effectively with Audiology Students Who Are d/Deaf or Hard of Hearing: Tips for Clinical Preceptors
- When AuD Students Encounter Bigotry From Patients, Preceptors Must Become Allies
- Audiology Student Perspectives on Experiencing Bigotry from Patients
- Being Black in Audiology Part 1- Discussing Racism Towards Black Audiologists and Black Audiology Students
- Being Black in Audiology Part 2: An Open Discussion Among BAU Members
- Cultural Humility: A Framework for Action in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Clinical Education Forum Resources
- They Said What? Addressing Microaggressions in Clinical Education
- They Said What? Addressing Microaggressions in Clinical Education Reference List
Student Academy of Audiology Resources
- SAA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resources
- Students with Hearing Loss
- Students with Hearing Loss Facebook Group
How Can the Academy Support You?
The Academy is here to support you and we are listening.
- Have thoughts on diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education? Send us an email.
- Have other resources you want to suggest to the Academy? Send us an email with the resource or suggestion.
- Want to connect with colleagues to further the discussion? Connect with colleagues via the Audiology Community.