Promote May Is Better Hearing Month
During May Is Better Hearing Month, utilize our resources, media graphics, news articles, press releases, and more to raise awareness about hearing and balance disorders as well as the role of the audiologist in screening, treatment, and care. The articles below highlight areas to focus on during the month of May, and how the audiologist is a vital part of overall healthcare. With the expansion of telehealth services, communication may have changed, including how to reach and connect with patients. Keep the role of the audiologist top of mind by sharing public awareness materials, updating your cover photo, and sharing a graphic or featured web article on social media using #betterhearingmonth.
Share a Recent Web Article
- Headphones for Schoolkids: Some Are Worryingly Loud
- Academy Champions EHDI Reauthorization
- Tinnitus as an Evolving Area During COVID-19
- Hearing Difficulty Experienced by Adults in the United States
- Hearing Loss Added as Modifiable Risk Factor for Dementia
- Support Dogs for Individuals with Severe or Profound Hearing Loss
- How Can We Support Equity and Inclusion of Individuals Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Professional Organizations?
- The Use of Tele-Audiology in Ototoxicity Monitoring: A Scoping Review
- Harvested Temporal Bones Shed Light on How COVID-19 Affects the Inner Ear
- Bone Conduction Devices for Single-Sided Sensorineural Deafness
Public Awareness Articles
- Our Essential Role in Communication: Resources that Can Help
- Increasing Public Awareness of Audiology
- Avoid Falls and Improve Your Overall Stability
- Telephones and Hearing Loss
- Concussions and Hearing/Balance Issues
- Dementia and Hearing Loss
- Migraines and Hearing/Balance Issues
- Why LOL Is So Important for Your Child to Hear
- Private Practice Patient Care Tips
- The Masking Dilemma
More Resources and Templates
The Academy is dedicated to advancing the profession of audiology through increasing public awareness of the value and necessity of regular audiological care.
Create a State, City, or Local Proclamation
proc·la·ma·tion – a public or official announcement, especially one dealing with a matter of great importance.
For May Is Better Hearing Month or National Audiology Awareness Month, use the following template and language to get your state and local area to help promote audiology and hearing health awareness.
Each city/state can adjust the language for their needs accordingly.
Depending on the nature of your state or local area, you could ask to speak on behalf of hearing health and audiology to your government entity.
Graphics and Promo Materials
The Academy has developed various graphics to help promote this awareness month. Choose from a variety of sizes. Display one or more of these graphics on your social media account, website, in your e-newsletter, in an e-mail as a header, or part of your address line.
Social Media Graphics
Web and Digital Graphics
To access the digital advertisement skyscraper, click here.